Wednesday, Oct. 18: PRSA Miami & Fort Lauderdale Joint Mixer
6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Frankey's Sports Bar, The Village at Gulfstream Park
Never has networking been so much fun! Members and friends of PRSA’s Miami and Greater Fort Lauderdale chapters will meet in the middle at Frankey's Sports Bar for yummy apps, signature cocktails and stimulating conversation. Not to mention exciting chances to win gift certificates to Adena Grill and Wine Bar and Frankey’s Sports Bar.
Thanks to a generous sponsorship by Frankey's Sports Bar, attendees will receive one free drink and various bar bites. There is no registration fee, though we ask that you register online in advance. We look forward to seeing you there!
Friday, Oct. 20: Ev Clay/PRSA Miami Chapter Endowment Fund Luncheon
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Join the Public Relations Society of America, Miami Chapter on Friday, October 20 as we celebrate the 30th Annual Ev Clay/PRSA Miami Chapter Endowment Fund Luncheon.
We will honor community leaders and legends of our industry and acknowledge incredibly promising public relations students, who have earned scholarships in support of their education through their exceptional leadership and academic accomplishments. This year's award recipients are:
2017 Bill Adams PRSA Lifetime Achievement Award recipient:
Fernando Figueredo, APR
Executive Director, Career and Talent Development Department, Florida International University
2017 Royal Palm Award recipient:
President Emeritus, United Way
The PRSA Miami Chapter will also award $20,000 in scholarships to the next generation of public relations professionals pursuing a college education at the University of Miami, Florida International University, Florida Memorial University and Miami Dade College. This year's Scholarship Recipients are:
Florida Memorial University
Miami Dade College
University of Miami
Friday, October 20, 2017
Registration and Silent Auction 11:30 a.m.
Luncheon and Awards Presentation 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
*A late fee of $10 will be added to tickets purchased after October 16, 2017
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Proceeds benefit the Ev Clay/PRSA Miami Chapter Endowment Fund, established in 1985, which has awarded more than $215,000 in scholarships to 139 deserving students.
Current PRSA National Promotions
PRSA's “Triple Play” membership promotion is underway now through November 30. The Promo Code is FALL17.
When new members join PRSA at the $255 membership level between October 1 and November 30, they receive a complimentary Chapter membership**, a complimentary Section membership**, and the waived $65 initiation fee.
**RESTRICTIONS: If joining Counselors Academy, dues are $100 ($95 discount). Chapter dues are covered up to $100. This offer is not available for Associate member types ($200 or less annual dues) and is not available to current or renewing members. Please click here for details.
Let's Talk Ethics
Becoming a Truly Trusted Strategic Ethics Advisor: Building credibility, protecting reputations
- Featuring BEPS members: James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, IABC Fellow; APR, Fellow PRSA, BEPS Emeritus;Nance Larsen, APR, Fellow PRSAand Chair of BEPS; and Janelle Guthrie, APR, Fellow PRSA.
- Full Price: $200
- Members: Free! Register
PRSA Miami & the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce present
Navigating Ethics to Restore Trust and Improve Personal and Business Success
A seminar on truth and trust in communications
Thursday, Nov. 9
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Ryder Room, Hilton Hotel
- $20.00 Member Meeting Ticket
- $30.00 Guest Meeting Ticket
- $20.00 GMCC (Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce) Members
- $15.00 PRSSA - Student Rate
Register at prsamiami.org.
PRSA Miami Tackles Public Relations Ethics in the Age of Alternative Facts and Fake News
Trust and ethics in the era of alternative facts and fake news was the focus of a spirited discussion hosted by PRSA Miami on May 10 with panelists from journalism, public relations and law. The panel was produced by Virgil Scudder, Rosemary Ravinal, Erika Mayor and Connie Crowther on behalf of the PRSA Miami Chapter. You may read a summary here, and view opening statements here.
Meet PRSA Miami Member: Austin Langlois
Freelance Writer and PR Consultant
Digital Communications Co-Chair, PRSA Miami
Birthplace: Seoul Korea
What accomplishment are you most proud of? In a previous position I rebranded a town (Ada Village, Michigan) and was a speechwriter for the chairman of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Who is your role model? Martha Stewart. She's a savvy business woman and didn't let a huge public failure keep her from coming back stronger than ever.
Favorite place in Miami: Sugar, at EAST
Favorite social media accounts to follow: @tacobell, @barackobama, @marthastewart
I support: The World Wildlife Fund and Heifer International
Congratulations are in order!
Society of Professional Journalists Honors PRSA Board Member
Virgil Scudder, received one of the three top awards for Magazine Commentary and Criticism from the Florida chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists at the 23rd Annual Sunshine State Awards Dinner at the University of Miami this July.
Scudder was recognized for the “In the C-Suite”columns that he wrote for the Public Relations Strategist. The “C-Suite” columns focused on communications challenges faced by top management of both large and small organizations, placing special emphasis on crisis management. The pieces are available for reading and viewing on his website at www.virgilscudder.com/news.
Award-Winning Agency Continues Winning Streak
rbb Communications brought home a coveted Silver Anvil award for Hampton by Hilton’s U.S. Hispanic program in the Multicultural category. Additionally, Florida Power & Light Company's Manatee Lagoon was named a finalist in the Community Relations category.
ACCOUNT MANAGER | HEALTH AND SCIENCE
Miami, South Florida Area
rbb Communications, a best place to work and top 50 integrated communications firm, seeks an experienced public relations account manager with strong healthcare and science communications experience and at least five years of agency experience.
Our healthcare focused account manager will work in teams, provide strategic and creative counsel to healthcare clients, support the development of strategic plans, pitch high level media, support new business development and help manage internal account teams. The ideal candidate also will be able to write elegantly and synthesize complex medical information into understandable jargon. Simply put, this pro needs to be a persuasive and effective communicator who is obsessed with results.
- Strategic and creative client counsel
- Daily client contact
- Drive high-level and impactful media results
- Drive integrated PR campaigns with media, social media, influencers and partnerships
- Support strategic plan and budget development
- Manage projects from conception to completion
- Work in teams, manage workflow and adhere to deadlines
- Write media materials and client communications, including releases, bylines, proposals, strategic recommendations
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- Five years of agency experience; bachelor’s degree or higher, health or science experience is a must
- Significant national media contacts and pitching experience
- Strong, persuasive writing and oral communication
- Strategic thinker and resourceful problem solver
- Organized and motivated
- Fun to work with, friendly and all-around good attitude
- Solid references
rbb offers a total rewards package that lets you define the right work-life blend.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as customized vacation options, community volunteer pay day and donation match, and an annual health & wellness stipend. rbb is known for its award-winning flexible work policy and employee-driven culture that supports every employee’s unique goals and growth.
APPLY TODAYand join our employee-driven, creative and career accelerating agency. To apply, upload your resume and cover letter pitching us on why we should hire you. We can’t wait to meet you! Please click on the following link:
Miami, South Florida Area
rbb Communications, a best place to work and top 50 integrated communications firm seeks an experienced Account Executive with significant national media contacts and pitching experience, who demonstrates strong organizational and communications skills, strategic thinking, and proven ability to multitask to manage priorities. Applicants must thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Key Responsibilities: Our AEs contribute smart and creative ideas aligned with client strategies, secure top-tier impact placements, and play a client-facing role. They work on six to eight accounts and must be organized, motivated and ready to turbocharge their career.
- Write pitches, releases, advisories, etc.
- Develop media angles, contribute to media strategy
- Develop targeted media lists; stay up to date on media outlets, sections, reporters
- Form strong media relationships; share leads, ideas and contacts with team
- Pitch top tier media and secure impact stories
- Up to date on media trends, editorial calendars, themes, deadlines, etc. to create opportunities for clients
- Manage and mentor AAEs as they maintain media logs, results reports
- Coordinate details for stories, including materials shared with media, scheduling and interview preparation
- Connect with clients regularly for updates and feedback to ensure account team productivity on initiatives
- Ensure detailed organization for client, media & office activities, deadlines, requests
- Produce thorough weekly updates for clients, including media updates and new initiatives (events, marketing alliances, eblasts, etc.)
- Produce formal bi-weekly/monthly reports and clip books for each client
- Track client and industry news
- Support recruitment, interviews and training of junior staff
Qualifications and skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience: Two years of relevant agency experience in PR setting - working with corporate or cultural accounts a plus; significant national media contacts and pitching experience; B2B practice experience is preferred
- Skills: Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), Cision, Asana; familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook); media savvy (Digital, Print, TV, Radio); Strong, persuasive writing skills
- Fun to work with, friendly and all-around good attitude; solid references
APPLY TODAYand join our employee-driven, creative and career accelerating agency. To apply, upload your resume and cover letter pitching us on why we should hire you. We can’t wait to meet you! Please click on the following link.
Coordinator of Marketing and Communications
The Manager of Marketing and Communications is a hands-on position performing a wide array of public relations and marketing communications duties for Premier Aircraft Sales, a privately-owned aircraft dealership located at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. Premier's core mission is selling new and used personally-flown aircraft to licensed pilots in the U.S. and beyond. The position supports the sales, marketing and customer relations activities of PAS and its allied organization, Premier Aircraft Service, and is the chief content creator for all public communications.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Write, produce and distribute a variety of print collateral
- Write and place print and online advertisements
- Write copy and direct graphic design for the website
- Build relationships with the local and national trade media; write, produce and distribute press releases, media advisories, FAQ’s, etc.
- Collaborate with manufacturers on branding and marketing activities
- Maintain regular contact with Premier’s previous customers
- Administrate and interpret aircraft sales and service customer satisfaction surveys
- Orchestrate and market trade shows, expos and open houses
- Write the company newsletter, Pireps
- Ensure consistent implementation of branding and identity standards
- Make regular posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Other communication duties as assigned
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as public relations, advertising, mass communications, journalism or marketing
- Excellent writing skills, demonstrated by portfolio of writing samples
- Excellent human relations skills
- Professional polish and mature demeanor as required to interact with highly-educated, high net worth individuals
- Teamwork attitude
- Capable of managing multiple priorities under deadline pressure.
Not required, but desirable technical skills include ability to use a pro-level DSLR camera; working knowledge of Lightroom and/or Photoshop; use of MailChimp or similar electronic marketing tool and use of desktop publishing software.
Reporting and Compensation
This position reports to the CEO of Premier. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Location and Start Date
This position is located at Premier Aircraft Sales at the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. Premier is a global provider of personally-flown aircraft, including new and pre-owned single engine, twin engine, turboprop and light jet aircraft. The position is immediately available and must be filled by June 30, 2019; the successful candidate will enjoy a period of on-site training and mentorship by the Vice President for Marketing and Business Development.
If interested, please send a resume to Cathy Ahles, VP Marketing and Business Development, at [email protected]. She can also be reached at (954) 328-9284.
The Associate Director, Strategic Communications serves as a leader within the ALSAC Communications team, developing integrated communications strategies for the organization’s most significant fundraising and awareness programs. He/she functions with a large degree of autonomy to lead critical strategic initiatives for the organization as assigned by the SVP of Communications & Marketing Operations, the VP of Communications and/or the Senior Director, Communications.
The Associate Director, Strategic Communications supports the Senior Director, Communications with the day-to-day management and operations of strategic communications within the Marketing Division, leading a team of professional communicators in the development of strategies across paid, earned, shared and owned channels that drive brand awareness, enhance the reputation of St. Jude to external audiences and complement the fundraising goals of St. Jude. He/she assists the operations, strategy development and staffing of the strategic communications/public relations team including coaching, counseling, and performance evaluations.
The Associate Director will collaborate with a range of colleagues and lead development and delivery of a variety of reporting outputs designed for Executive and Senior leadership use; per guidance and decisions based on his/her recommendations, will implement solutions emanating from the reporting and management process. Reporting outputs will include a mix of regular recurring reports and ad hoc reports that range from daily, weekly, quarterly and annual, to seasonal, situational and topical-based reports. The role inherently includes oversight of regular and project-based work of a sophisticated and complex nature, with responsibility for project planning, resource allocation, time management, analysis, and execution for data and information-based intelligence projects.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field plus 6 years of experience preferably at an agency, client-side and/or news organization.
- Requires knowledge and familiarity of media relations, digital PR, local market engagement, executive visibility, organic social media, advertising, and online and offline media.
- Knowledge and working within the tenants of the PESO model is essential.
- An understanding of research, analytics and marketing mix methodologies.
- A focus on results that deliver compelling campaigns that fuel audience engagement and support.
- Possesses and utilizes strong communications skills on subjects such as media publishing, business intelligence, influencer acquisition, brand analytics and strategic objectives, and is able to deliver information through clear and concise communication tools and language. Multi-language candidates are preferred.
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable and engaging way. Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus or take action. Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Requires excellent attention to detail in order to coach and counsel team on best-in-class strategy development and detailed campaign evaluation
- Understanding of key Six Sigma principles preferred.
- Must have superior knowledge of tenants of global integrated communications strategy as well as extensive expertise in detailed strategic planning and execution.
- Adheres to all ethical standards
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
Public Relations Assistant Account Executive/Account Executive
Beber Silverstein Group is seeking a high-energy, motivated public relations professional to join our team in Miami, Florida.
- Candidate should have 1-2 years of public relations experience, preferably at an agency.
- Previous media pitching experience required, with established contacts in the Miami market preferred.
- Spanish is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Write press releases, news articles and key messages for various clients.
- Pitch and secure coverage for clients in print, broadcast and online media and blogs.
- Establish and build relationships with clients and key influencers.
- Develop monthly reports for clients.
- Strong presentation and writing skills are essential.
- Must be enthusiastic and able to handle multiple accounts without supervision.
- Must be able to generate ideas and think creatively.
- Bachelor's degree