Wednesday, Oct. 18: PRSA Miami & Fort Lauderdale Joint Mixer
6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Frankey's Sports Bar, The Village at Gulfstream Park
Never has networking been so much fun! Members and friends of PRSA’s Miami and Greater Fort Lauderdale chapters will meet in the middle at Frankey's Sports Bar for yummy apps, signature cocktails and stimulating conversation. Not to mention exciting chances to win gift certificates to Adena Grill and Wine Bar and Frankey’s Sports Bar.
Thanks to a generous sponsorship by Frankey's Sports Bar, attendees will receive one free drink and various bar bites. There is no registration fee, though we ask that you register online in advance. We look forward to seeing you there!
Friday, Oct. 20: Ev Clay/PRSA Miami Chapter Endowment Fund Luncheon
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Join the Public Relations Society of America, Miami Chapter on Friday, October 20 as we celebrate the 30th Annual Ev Clay/PRSA Miami Chapter Endowment Fund Luncheon.
We will honor community leaders and legends of our industry and acknowledge incredibly promising public relations students, who have earned scholarships in support of their education through their exceptional leadership and academic accomplishments. This year's award recipients are:
2017 Bill Adams PRSA Lifetime Achievement Award recipient:
Fernando Figueredo, APR
Executive Director, Career and Talent Development Department, Florida International University
2017 Royal Palm Award recipient:
President Emeritus, United Way
The PRSA Miami Chapter will also award $20,000 in scholarships to the next generation of public relations professionals pursuing a college education at the University of Miami, Florida International University, Florida Memorial University and Miami Dade College. This year's Scholarship Recipients are:
Florida Memorial University
Miami Dade College
University of Miami
Friday, October 20, 2017
Registration and Silent Auction 11:30 a.m.
Luncheon and Awards Presentation 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
*A late fee of $10 will be added to tickets purchased after October 16, 2017
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Proceeds benefit the Ev Clay/PRSA Miami Chapter Endowment Fund, established in 1985, which has awarded more than $215,000 in scholarships to 139 deserving students.
Current PRSA National Promotions
PRSA's “Triple Play” membership promotion is underway now through November 30. The Promo Code is FALL17.
When new members join PRSA at the $255 membership level between October 1 and November 30, they receive a complimentary Chapter membership**, a complimentary Section membership**, and the waived $65 initiation fee.
**RESTRICTIONS: If joining Counselors Academy, dues are $100 ($95 discount). Chapter dues are covered up to $100. This offer is not available for Associate member types ($200 or less annual dues) and is not available to current or renewing members. Please click here for details.
Let's Talk Ethics
Becoming a Truly Trusted Strategic Ethics Advisor: Building credibility, protecting reputations
- Featuring BEPS members: James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, IABC Fellow; APR, Fellow PRSA, BEPS Emeritus;Nance Larsen, APR, Fellow PRSAand Chair of BEPS; and Janelle Guthrie, APR, Fellow PRSA.
- Full Price: $200
- Members: Free! Register
PRSA Miami & the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce present
Navigating Ethics to Restore Trust and Improve Personal and Business Success
A seminar on truth and trust in communications
Thursday, Nov. 9
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Ryder Room, Hilton Hotel
- $20.00 Member Meeting Ticket
- $30.00 Guest Meeting Ticket
- $20.00 GMCC (Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce) Members
- $15.00 PRSSA - Student Rate
Register at prsamiami.org.
PRSA Miami Tackles Public Relations Ethics in the Age of Alternative Facts and Fake News
Trust and ethics in the era of alternative facts and fake news was the focus of a spirited discussion hosted by PRSA Miami on May 10 with panelists from journalism, public relations and law. The panel was produced by Virgil Scudder, Rosemary Ravinal, Erika Mayor and Connie Crowther on behalf of the PRSA Miami Chapter. You may read a summary here, and view opening statements here.
Meet PRSA Miami Member: Austin Langlois
Freelance Writer and PR Consultant
Digital Communications Co-Chair, PRSA Miami
Birthplace: Seoul Korea
What accomplishment are you most proud of? In a previous position I rebranded a town (Ada Village, Michigan) and was a speechwriter for the chairman of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Who is your role model? Martha Stewart. She's a savvy business woman and didn't let a huge public failure keep her from coming back stronger than ever.
Favorite place in Miami: Sugar, at EAST
Favorite social media accounts to follow: @tacobell, @barackobama, @marthastewart
I support: The World Wildlife Fund and Heifer International
Congratulations are in order!
Society of Professional Journalists Honors PRSA Board Member
Virgil Scudder, received one of the three top awards for Magazine Commentary and Criticism from the Florida chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists at the 23rd Annual Sunshine State Awards Dinner at the University of Miami this July.
Scudder was recognized for the “In the C-Suite”columns that he wrote for the Public Relations Strategist. The “C-Suite” columns focused on communications challenges faced by top management of both large and small organizations, placing special emphasis on crisis management. The pieces are available for reading and viewing on his website at www.virgilscudder.com/news.
Award-Winning Agency Continues Winning Streak
rbb Communications brought home a coveted Silver Anvil award for Hampton by Hilton’s U.S. Hispanic program in the Multicultural category. Additionally, Florida Power & Light Company's Manatee Lagoon was named a finalist in the Community Relations category.
• Act as a lead in communication projects and successfully execute communication projects or IT projects with a communication component
- Interview leaders to understand the message they want delivered. Draft clear and concise messaging using words and graphics that relay the intended message to the targeted audience.
- Become a standing member of our project teams who is immersed with other team members and understands what is on the road ahead regarding communication and change management.
- Provide support to the team by developing and maintaining a communications plan for the project and drafting the individual project communications.
- Draft highly professional messages in multiple formats including newsletters, targeted notifications, PowerPoint presentations, posters, desk drops, and digital signage.
- Provide updates and feed back to ETP leadership, ETP personnel and business stakeholders
- Support internal ETP organization updates and ETP organization updates to business stakeholders
- Leverage resources and information to address questions from ETP team members and business stakeholders
- Standardized ETP communication templates and guidelines
- Draft leadership communications to drive trust and commitment to leadership initiatives and decisions
- Execute activities to engage employees and improve morale and make ETP a great place to work, such as through the Chief Fun Office
BoardroomPR, an award-winning statewide integrated communications agency is seeking a full-time, mid-level Media Relations Specialist for our Plantation, FL office. We are looking for candidates to join our winning team and advance their careers.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of agency or in-house PR experience, or in journalism
- Excellent writer and media pitcher with solid media relationships
- Solid account management skills
- Social-media savvy
- Basic knowledge of Word Press, Google Analytics, SEO and content management, a plus
- Proven track record of success
- Willingness to stay on top of the latest trends and developments
BoardroomPR is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent compensation package with incentives, top-tier benefits, amazing people-first culture and room to advance.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Send resumes to: Todd Templin, EVP. [email protected]or call 954-370-8999.
For more information on the company, visit www.boardroompr.com
Established in 1991, Farm Share is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to the recovery, sorting, packing and distribution of nutritious fruits, vegetables and other foods for people in need. Farm Share administers a combination of USDA commodity programs and produce recovery operations from a packinghouse located in Homestead, Florida - the heart of Miami-Dade County's farming area.
For more information, please visit www.farmshare.org
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Marketing Administrator will be responsible for being the liaison between Farm Share and its third party marketing agency and performing local marketing and communications functions. The Marketing Administrator position also performs the following specific functions:
- Facilitate communications between third party marketing agency and Farm Share.
- Assist in carrying out and implementing the marketing plan created by third party marketing agency.
- Assist in brainstorming and creating marketing plan and blue print in conjunction with third party marketing agency.
- Capture photos, videos and testimonials at Farm Share events.
- Represent Farm Share at local charitable, political and chamber events throughout South Florida.
- Assist in managing and posting on social media platforms and Farm Share’s website.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a good team player and work well with others.
- Experienced in managing Social Media platforms; Knowledge of HTML or website editor software.
- Knowledge of how to operate a DSLR camera and video equipment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar photo/video editing software preferred.
Employment offer may be contingent upon completion of an interview, fitness evaluation, physical, drug screen, and/or background investigation.
Established in 1991, Farm Share is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, dedicated to the recovery, sorting, packing and distribution of nutritious foods for people in need. Farm Share administers a combination of USDA commodity programs and produce recovery operations from a packinghouse located in Homestead, Florida - the heart of Miami-Dade County's farming area.
For more information, please visit www.farmshare.org
Reporting to the President, COO, and Operations Manager, the Director of Marketing and Communications has a variety of responsibilities and coordinates efforts to increase Farm Share’s funding base. The Director's main objective is to adhere to a strategic plan to procure funds for the organization while promoting Farm Share’s mission and programs.The Director of Marketing and Communications will execute the following functions:
- The Director will work closely with Executive Management as communications partner helping to set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, social media and public relations messages & collateral to consistently articulate Farm Share's non-profit mission.
- Liaison between press and Farm Share
- Writing and sending out press releases
- Development and maintaining contacts with the press and high profile Individuals
- Attending all events, distributions, meetings and participating in interviews; either in print, radio, or televised
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral
- Including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, social media and Farm Share's website
- Editing, proofreading, preparing Power Point Presentations and PSA materials for broadcasting potential
- Maintains and distributes Farm Share newsletters and email distribution lists
- Test the effectiveness of communications activities and improve communications
- Liaison assisting the President, and attending county and state wide governmental hearings/meetings.
- Maintain strong communicationwith all supervisory staff, board of directors and donors via newsletters or other publications to demonstrate financial need and show the fiscal responsibility of the organization.
- Reporting directly to Executive Management (President, COO, & Operations Manager), the Director serves as an active participant in creating marketing to promote Farm Share brand.In partnership with Executive Management, this position is responsible for development activities. Should have a proven ability to help forge new relationships which build Farm Share's visibility, impact, and financial resources.
- Working closely with the Marketing firm to implement and follow through on proposed projects.
- The Director will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to maintain and grow a $3 million dollar budget through Marketing and Communications.
- Working closely with the Director of Grant Writing and Fundraising
- Attends social and business events with or on the behalf of the President & Chairman of the Board.
- Assists in coordinating important distributions and special events.
-Ability to clearly define and implement brand recognition and public relations
-Must have a clear grasp of the company mission and ability to promote Farm Share with an emphasis on highlighting its best attributes
-Must have clear understanding of company funding, financial & physical donations processes, and reimbursements processes
-Development or fundraising experience in the creation of communication materials for capital campaigns
-Expected to attend special events, some of which may occur in the evenings or on weekends. Some travel required, which will be funded or reimbursed by company. Must be flexible and available to help when called upon.
-Confident, organized, analytical, innovative, independent problem-solver.
-Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing press releases, annual reports, articles, op-ed pieces, advertisements and speeches.
-Knowledge of photo-editing and document-design programs, familiarity with local and national media, Web page and social-media trends expertise and experience handling sensitive and confidential issues.
-Professional and courteous.
ACCOUNT MANAGER | HEALTH AND SCIENCE
Miami, South Florida Area
rbb Communications, a best place to work and top 50 integrated communications firm, seeks an experienced public relations account manager with strong healthcare and science communications experience and at least five years of agency experience.
Our healthcare focused account manager will work in teams, provide strategic and creative counsel to healthcare clients, support the development of strategic plans, pitch high level media, support new business development and help manage internal account teams. The ideal candidate also will be able to write elegantly and synthesize complex medical information into understandable jargon. Simply put, this pro needs to be a persuasive and effective communicator who is obsessed with results.
- Strategic and creative client counsel
- Daily client contact
- Drive high-level and impactful media results
- Drive integrated PR campaigns with media, social media, influencers and partnerships
- Support strategic plan and budget development
- Manage projects from conception to completion
- Work in teams, manage workflow and adhere to deadlines
- Write media materials and client communications, including releases, bylines, proposals, strategic recommendations
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- Five years of agency experience; bachelor’s degree or higher, health or science experience is a must
- Significant national media contacts and pitching experience
- Strong, persuasive writing and oral communication
- Strategic thinker and resourceful problem solver
- Organized and motivated
- Fun to work with, friendly and all-around good attitude
- Solid references
rbb offers a total rewards package that lets you define the right work-life blend.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as customized vacation options, community volunteer pay day and donation match, and an annual health & wellness stipend. rbb is known for its award-winning flexible work policy and employee-driven culture that supports every employee’s unique goals and growth.
APPLY TODAYand join our employee-driven, creative and career accelerating agency. To apply, upload your resume and cover letter pitching us on why we should hire you. We can’t wait to meet you! Please click on the following link:
Miami, South Florida Area
rbb Communications, a best place to work and top 50 integrated communications firm seeks an experienced Account Executive with significant national media contacts and pitching experience, who demonstrates strong organizational and communications skills, strategic thinking, and proven ability to multitask to manage priorities. Applicants must thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Key Responsibilities: Our AEs contribute smart and creative ideas aligned with client strategies, secure top-tier impact placements, and play a client-facing role. They work on six to eight accounts and must be organized, motivated and ready to turbocharge their career.
- Write pitches, releases, advisories, etc.
- Develop media angles, contribute to media strategy
- Develop targeted media lists; stay up to date on media outlets, sections, reporters
- Form strong media relationships; share leads, ideas and contacts with team
- Pitch top tier media and secure impact stories
- Up to date on media trends, editorial calendars, themes, deadlines, etc. to create opportunities for clients
- Manage and mentor AAEs as they maintain media logs, results reports
- Coordinate details for stories, including materials shared with media, scheduling and interview preparation
- Connect with clients regularly for updates and feedback to ensure account team productivity on initiatives
- Ensure detailed organization for client, media & office activities, deadlines, requests
- Produce thorough weekly updates for clients, including media updates and new initiatives (events, marketing alliances, eblasts, etc.)
- Produce formal bi-weekly/monthly reports and clip books for each client
- Track client and industry news
- Support recruitment, interviews and training of junior staff
Qualifications and skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience: Two years of relevant agency experience in PR setting - working with corporate or cultural accounts a plus; significant national media contacts and pitching experience; B2B practice experience is preferred
- Skills: Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), Cision, Asana; familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook); media savvy (Digital, Print, TV, Radio); Strong, persuasive writing skills
- Fun to work with, friendly and all-around good attitude; solid references
APPLY TODAYand join our employee-driven, creative and career accelerating agency. To apply, upload your resume and cover letter pitching us on why we should hire you. We can’t wait to meet you! Please click on the following link.
Coordinator of Marketing and Communications
The Manager of Marketing and Communications is a hands-on position performing a wide array of public relations and marketing communications duties for Premier Aircraft Sales, a privately-owned aircraft dealership located at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. Premier's core mission is selling new and used personally-flown aircraft to licensed pilots in the U.S. and beyond. The position supports the sales, marketing and customer relations activities of PAS and its allied organization, Premier Aircraft Service, and is the chief content creator for all public communications.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Write, produce and distribute a variety of print collateral
- Write and place print and online advertisements
- Write copy and direct graphic design for the website
- Build relationships with the local and national trade media; write, produce and distribute press releases, media advisories, FAQ’s, etc.
- Collaborate with manufacturers on branding and marketing activities
- Maintain regular contact with Premier’s previous customers
- Administrate and interpret aircraft sales and service customer satisfaction surveys
- Orchestrate and market trade shows, expos and open houses
- Write the company newsletter, Pireps
- Ensure consistent implementation of branding and identity standards
- Make regular posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Other communication duties as assigned
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as public relations, advertising, mass communications, journalism or marketing
- Excellent writing skills, demonstrated by portfolio of writing samples
- Excellent human relations skills
- Professional polish and mature demeanor as required to interact with highly-educated, high net worth individuals
- Teamwork attitude
- Capable of managing multiple priorities under deadline pressure.
Not required, but desirable technical skills include ability to use a pro-level DSLR camera; working knowledge of Lightroom and/or Photoshop; use of MailChimp or similar electronic marketing tool and use of desktop publishing software.
Reporting and Compensation
This position reports to the CEO of Premier. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Location and Start Date
This position is located at Premier Aircraft Sales at the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. Premier is a global provider of personally-flown aircraft, including new and pre-owned single engine, twin engine, turboprop and light jet aircraft. The position is immediately available and must be filled by June 30, 2019; the successful candidate will enjoy a period of on-site training and mentorship by the Vice President for Marketing and Business Development.
If interested, please send a resume to Cathy Ahles, VP Marketing and Business Development, at [email protected]. She can also be reached at (954) 328-9284.